Blauw, D & C
Very large blank laid paper sheets with watermark "D. & C. Blauw IV"
18th century. ca. 72 x 48 cm., watermark "D. & C. Blauw IV" (variant of Churchill 194), Some waterstains in inner and in lower margin. Several sheets available (40)
¶ The name de Blauw derives from an imortant family of Dutch papermakers who began making paper in 1621. The papermakers founded by Dirk and Cornelis Blauw operated five wind-powered papermills in the Zaanstreek province of North Holland, and survived for over 250 years under many names. D & C Blauw was very well known for their quality.
Click on a picture to enlarge.
In stock: 39